The Caraga Campaign
RootProject and Global Partnership for Sustainable Solutions (GPSS) are exploring an innovative, blockchain-powered funding initiative for urgently needed reforestation on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines. We’ve developed a financial model for this campaign that will create a high rate of return for donors/investors by using cryptocurrencies tied to bonds to leverage the 7–10-year growth term of trees against the volatility of crypto assets.
Read more about the campaign below and stay tuned for how to donate.
0Days to go
6 Campaigns | 0 Loved campaigns
The successful implementation of the GPSS reforestation project upon funding will help restore micro-climate balance to reduce severe weather, erosion, and other climate-related problems resulting from deforestation. The program will also provide the indigenous people who own the forests with generations of sustainable income and create a powerful new funding strategy and mechanism for reforestation projects around the world.
- 33% of funds raised will be put into ROOT tokens;
- At or above 200% of the ROOT token purchase price at any time during the 7–10-year term, ROOT tokens are liquidated into USD;
- After liquidation, the original token purchase amount is pledged to a bond in USD; and
- The investor receives a return of nearly 100% on the reinvested portion of investment.
The Caraga Region, located on the northeastern portion of the island of Mindanao in the Philippines, is among the top regions poised for significant economic growth in the booming Asia-Pacific economic zone. With its undeveloped natural resources and vast, contiguous land, the region offers tremendous opportunities to unleash new wealth and reduce poverty. In fact, a recent report published by the World Bank, the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA), and the Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP) states that “unlocking Mindanao’s potential is critical in bringing down poverty in the entire country.”
About Global Partnership for Sustainable Solutions (GPSS)
GPSS is an international development corporation that brings socially and environmentally responsible companies, institutions, and investors together into emerging markets for scalable, sustainable, shared value development. GPSS bring the world’s best practices, technologies, and innovations to developing regions to optimize economic impact linked with positive social, environmental, and governance benefits. GPSS works holistically with the local people in developing regions to create new models for sustainable development in which the local people are economic partners benefiting with global investors and businesses in the creation of new industries and markets.
The funds raised will support the creation of a plantation of lauan (Philippine mahogany) and the following social and environmental benefits:
- Create long-term employment for indigenous people that creates sustainable income and rising quality of life;
- Provide hands-on job-skills training for indigenous people;
- Educate foresters to help restore the microclimate that benefits food production;
- Create multi-stakeholders along the supply-chain to build indigenous cluster industries that strengthen and empower indigenous communities;
- Contribute to the promotion of sustainable peace and development; and
- Large scale reforestation with sustainable plantations of multiple wood species, while incorporating small shareholder farms using Sloping Agriculture Land Technology.